Friday 3 August 2012

Initial Preparations


A Malaysian civil servant who works in a different territory than his/her own (e.g someone from Peninsular Malaysia who works in Sabah or Sarawak) is entitled to free travel back to his ‘territory of origin’ once a year. It is sort of an incentive to encourage people to work in Sabah or Sarawak and vice versa.
I submitted my form last week (I think) and hopefully it will be processed before the 18th of this month as that is the date that I have chosen to travel back to KL. Aimir said that usually there is no problem with getting the so called free tickets home. However the speed with which it is done can sometimes be rather slow (no surprises there). The bottle neck is getting the authorization, after that they can me those tickets rather quickly. I hope he’s correct in these regards as I have absolutely no backup plan whatsoever. If worse comes to worse and I can’t go home for this year’s Hari Raya celebrations, I’ll just sit quietly in my flat and cry...
I bought a new pair of shoes! Hari Raya is coming up but that is not the reason. Because Hari Raya is coming up, Parkson’s is having a Grand Sale where some items get up to 70% discounts! That’s one of the reasons. The other one is because after my puddle of mud incident, I don’t have any casual shoes to wear for things like travelling and going on dates.
SenQ, where I got my iPad was also having Hari Raya sales and I finally bought an induction cooker after months (literally) of deliberating. It comes with a 'free' stainless steel pot. However, despite having also bought chicken, onions, and oyster sauce I realised when I got home that I forgot the cooking oil! Meh, cooking will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment