Tuesday 29 May 2012

Run


This happened yesterday. I had quite a good OT and finished rather early. Which meant I went home at around 5 pm. It looked a little like it was going to run but over the past few days a similar overcast sky only meant that the rain was going to be a light drizzle. Since I have been stuffing myself with fast food and sugar over the past week and since I am developing quite a belly, I decided to go for a run. There is a lake garden in Taman Permai and I walked there as a warm up before starting my run.

The conclusion that I was able to draw after 5 minutes was – I couldn’t run for longer than 5 minutes! O M G!! I’m so unfit! I walked for 10 minutes, then it started raining. Oh my God! I have to run! Run! RUN!!!

That was when it happened. What I thought was a patch of grass on the pavement turned out to be moss covered mud. I sank nearly a foot into it. Well, actually both of my feet sank into the mud, to a depth of about a foot. So my pristine Power shoes that has not seen any signs of wear (for my lack of exercise) was covered in mud.

I decided not to clean them immediately last night but to allow the mud to dry up so I could just knock it off, which I did today. Today, I went running again. Still can’t do more than 5 minutes, but I’m not letting some patch of mud hinder me. I’ll run. Even if for 5 minutes. I’ll do 6 minutes tomorrow. I’ll run. That’s why I came here didn’t I? To run (away). I’ll run. Damnit I’ll run...

No comments:

Post a Comment