Sunday 22 July 2012

Sungai Merah


I was supposed to complete a medical report. The strange thing about this particular one was that it was first requested back in January. However, I’ve already completed one, submitted it, and even got paid for it. So it came as a surprise when my name came up to ‘redo’ a medical report that I’ve already gotten paid for long ago. It turned out that this particular one was for a different purup pose. It was just a matter of copying and pasting the details onto a different format.

Since today was an off day, I decided to go to Sg Merah and take some photos. It was less than half an hour’s drive from where I live and the place was supposed to be famous for its market. The market itself was a bit of a disappointment and I didn’t find “Tit” Hardware as described by Sherlyn but I took some photos nonetheless.

Sg Merah was apparently the site where the first Foochow settlers arrived in Sibu. The place now has a little garden and a memorial stained by countless dog poo that the owners never bother picking up.

Mr Wong Nai Siong - I honestly doubt that he actually really looked like that


The garden by the river


The market and tamu were rather dissappointing. Maybe most of the people were already gone by the time I reached there at around 9 am

No comments:

Post a Comment