Saturday 2 June 2012

The Long Weekend


The thing that is most talked about in the New iPad is the Retina Display. I had my reservations about it at first as it was nearly impossible to appreciate it looking at reviews on the internet and magazines. However, the display is truly stunning! I’ve been facebooking on my iPad and coming back to my PC seems like a step down. And my PC has an AMD HD graphics card in it!

However, the blogger app on the iPad kinda sucks as it was optimized for the iPhone instead of its larger cousin and voice dictation as is demonstrated in my previous post is not very accurate.

It’s the Gawai weekend and although I was post call yesterday, I will be oncall again tomorrow. I didn’t get to see any celebration as I wondered around Sibu town yesterday despite it being the 1st day of Gawai. I guess most of the action would have taken place at longhouses rather than in town. Town was not as quiet as I expected despite my seeing many people were leaving for ‘balik kampong’ over the past week.

I am really bad at ICU calls. I still have got to do them though. I just feel that I am not ready for this...
 
I finally found out that ‘Gayu Guru Gerai Nyamai’ in fact meant ‘Health and Longevity’.


I bought this little speaker to compliment my iPad. I think I’ll take it for my Singapore trip next month along with my camera (naturally). At least I won’t get too bored waiting for the airplanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment