Friday 23 December 2011

Lets go to Sibu


After returning from East Java I got rather ill for a couple of days. A few days later we all went to Segamat for my cousin Khairul Ikhwan’s wedding. After which I realised that I had to submit my CPD book before I leave for Sibu as it needed signatures from my previous bosses. Thanks to Wan Zahiah, this was accomplished rather smoothly a couple of days before my flight.

Another helpful entity in my transfer process was the finance department of Kajang Hospital who helped arrange for transport of my belongings to Sibu. For this I am extremely grateful. However, it also meant that I would be without a private transport for a couple of weeks. I also called the hospital office in Sibu to ensure that I at least will have a place to stay that is within walking distance to the hospital until the car arrives. The following conversation took place a few days before I left for Sibu:

“Ooo kuarters memang ada,”

“Boleh tak saya apply?”

“Dr kena datang sini dulu untuk isi borang”

“Tapi memang ada la. Saya ada tempat nak tinggal la?”

“Ada,”

Of course I should have perhaps asked how long the ‘isi borang’ process would take before I could move in...

Marriage is in fact a contract

I had to carry one of the ‘hantaran’s

On the way back we encountered this burning truck! The cargo must’ve spontaneously combusted in the hot sun. As this fireman was trying to put out the flames, his colleague was taking photos of him in action. I suppose there is something sexy about a man with a big hose heroically squirting its load in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment